Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Life skills GET

I am a district official at Sedibeng West based in the DISM unit.

After capturing Life skills the column of SBA Term 4 is red and therefore can't print the schedules. My schools are experiencing this situation and this is a crucial time. Someone PLS assist ASAP

Hello Benny67,

If it shows -2 in red, the schools should save their results at Maintain Results per Subject (12.7.16.3)

If that doesn't solve their problem, let us know.

Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus

Check if marks have all been captured for all learners, all previous terms have marks and have been appearing on the schedules for previous terms. What version are you using?

Thanks Bro, That helped.

If I have promoted learners and want reverse the database back to before promotions, how do we do that?

Sorry for the delay in this reply. Glad you got the Life Skills sorted. Wink

The only way to "reverse" your Promotion Process would be to restore a backup created prior to processing the Year-End Promotions.  SA-SAMS normally creates one automatically, but you should always make a backup copy prior to processing your promotions (as shown in large, red letters on 3.19 screen), just in case.

Your backed up database should be in one of the following locations:
(look for a file called "whatever your database is called", followed by 2016PriorPromotion)
  • C:\Program Files\EdusolSAMS\Backup
  • C:\Users\YourComputerUser\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\EdusolSAMS\Backup
    The latter of the two applies only if UAC is enabled on the computer.
    NB: replace "YourComputerUser" with the user's account name, that is used to access the computer (or the account that was used to process the promotions, depending on your network setup).
If you're running a 64-bit installation of Windows, you can also look in:
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\EdusolSAMS\Backup
  • C:\Users\YourComputerUser\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\EdusolSAMS\Backup
If you don't manage to locate the backup, you can load the last backup prior to processing the promotions at 3.19.

I have encountered some complaints about SA-SAMS not making the backup, if processing the promotions from a workstation connected to the network.  However, it should work fine from your Server.  If it didn't, also please let me know.

Holler if you need help.  We can always take a look directly on the network, if need be.

Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus