Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

REPORTS

Good morning 

Please help

1.  When printing learner reports, the grade field appears as Grade : Grade 10A.  How can this be resolved ?

2.  How can the parent signature and the "Would you like to call at school" be removed from the bottom section of the report as parents do not sign and return these to school?

3.  How can the general comments be adjusted to include the learners name as a field in the comment ?

4. is there any way that the font size can be increased on the report?

Thank You
Anashree

Hi there Anashree and welcome to the forum.

First off: the report layouts are fixed Crystal Reports - other than the selections available, you cannot change it on your end.  We can send a request to National, but I doubt we'll have a quick fix in time, before year-end.  My suggestion would be that we ask National about some of your requests, but that you bite the bullet for this term, if you wish to stick to a particular layout.

Quote:1.  When printing learner reports, the grade field appears as Grade : Grade 10A.  How can this be resolved ?

1.1 Which report number (layout) are you using?  I have tested and seen that a couple of them show this.  We can request that it be fixed - I agree with you on this.

1.2 Have you looked at any of the other layouts, or do you favour that particular one for some reason?

Quote:2.  How can the parent signature and the "Would you like to call at school" be removed from the bottom section of the report as parents do not sign and return these to school?

I would suggest you just disregard that.  If parents are used to not signing and returning the reports, they'll most likely maintain the status quo. For that one or two that might return it with such a request, let the class/subject teacher schedule an appointment with the parent and just send the report back home with the learner.  If it becomes problematic, include something about it in your newsletter, or just inform the parents and learners up front, when the reports go out.

Quote:3.  How can the general comments be adjusted to include the learners name as a field in the comment ?

Due to varying lengths of learner names, including an additional field for this will leave some awkward white-space.  We can ask National if they can include a variable for the learner name, but although this can be accommodated in a Crystal Reports field, not all schools use the comments.  I will find out for you.

Workaround: type the learner's name and copy+paste a standard comment behind that (12.7.18).  It's not that much work if every register class teacher does their own.

Quote:4. is there any way that the font size can be increased on the report?
We can ask National, but I know that it is sometimes problematic, because of the varying subject names (lengths).  I do agree that it is really small, though.  Will ask Carinne about it and will get back to you asap.

Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus

Thank you. Regards

Anashree