Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reinstating of Subjects

Good day! A certain school has asked me to help them on an issue where subjects are archived and they want to reinstate the subjects.
How do I help them?

Hello Vincent,

Always good to know that there are others looking out for people who need assistance with SA-SAMS.

1. Is it a Primary, Secondary or Combined School, and in which Province?
2. Could you please provide a little more info on which subjects it is that were archived?
3. Have you/they checked the Subjects (1.5 or 12.1.11) to make sure that it isn't on the Subject Master List?

I know for sure that the following Intermediate Phase Subjects were archived with the introduction and phasing in of CAPS:

Grade 4-6:
1. Arts and Culture (not replaced)
2. Economic Management Sciences (not replaced)
3. Life Orientation (replaced by Life Skills)
4. Natural Sciences (incorporated into Natural Sciences & Technology)
5. Technology (incorporated into Natural Sciences & Technology)

If it pertains to any of the valid subjects listed above, they should use the new subjects (with the correct subject codes).

Please mail me if you need more assistance in this regard (details sent to your Inbox via PM).

Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus

(09-16-2016, 01:17 PM)SarelK Wrote:  Hello Vincent,

Always good to know that there are others looking out for people who need assistance with SA-SAMS.

1. Is it a Primary, Secondary or Combined School, and in which Province?
2. Could you please provide a little more info on which subjects it is that were archived?
3. Have you/they checked the Subjects (1.5 or 12.1.11) to make sure that it isn't on the Subject Master List?

I know for sure that the following Intermediate Phase Subjects were archived with the introduction and phasing in of CAPS:

Grade 4-6:
1. Arts and Culture (not replaced)
2. Economic Management Sciences (not replaced)
3. Life Orientation (replaced by Life Skills)
4. Natural Sciences (incorporated into Natural Sciences & Technology)
5. Technology (incorporated into Natural Sciences & Technology)

If it pertains to any of the valid subjects listed above, they should use the new subjects (with the correct subject codes).

Please mail me if you need more assistance in this regard (details sent to your Inbox via PM).

Thank You SarelK it's solved

Okay - glad you guys sorted it. Wink

Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus