Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exporting and Importing Marksheets to/from MS Excel

I've heard that some schools export the marksheets to excel and then import when once completed.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this.  Somebody said I need to go to 1.16 but my 1.16 is greyed out.  I also believe I should be able to add the school logo to SAMS somewhere in 1.16 but am unable for the same reason.  I have level 8 admin access so any ideas??   Huh

(06-20-2016, 03:18 PM)agentkoos Wrote:  I've heard that some schools export the marksheets to excel and then import when once completed.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this.  Somebody said I need to go to 1.16 but my 1.16 is greyed out.  I also believe I should be able to add the school logo to SAMS somewhere in 1.16 but am unable for the same reason.  I have level 8 admin access so any ideas??   Huh

Your security should be on then go to 12.3.12 import and export button will show. Export to a place of your choice, enter marks and import back to SA-SAMS and do not change or rename the excel file as it will no longer be compatible. You revert back to security off if you so wish.

(06-20-2016, 06:06 PM)HLASE Wrote:  
(06-20-2016, 03:18 PM)agentkoos Wrote:  I've heard that some schools export the marksheets to excel and then import when once completed.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this.  Somebody said I need to go to 1.16 but my 1.16 is greyed out.  I also believe I should be able to add the school logo to SAMS somewhere in 1.16 but am unable for the same reason.  I have level 8 admin access so any ideas??   Huh

Your security should be on then go to 12.3.12 import and export button will show. Export to a place of your choice, enter marks and import back to SA-SAMS and do not change or rename the excel file as it will no longer be compatible. You revert back to security off if you so wish.

·        Export mark schedule for capturing on other computers (Security on 16.13 has to be activated)
1.   Admin user exports the marks to excel (12.3.12.1)
2.   Teachers capture marks in excel
3.    Admin user imports the marks from excel (12.3.12.2)
4.    Teachers verify (and save) the marks (12.3.12.11) Wink

OK thanks.  My security was set to off. 

Next question.  Is there a way to export all the marksheets at the same time or must it be done one by one?

(06-21-2016, 04:26 PM)agentkoos Wrote:  OK thanks.  My security was set to off. 

Next question.  Is there a way to export all the marksheets at the same time or must it be done one by one?
It does not export all at once yet
The best way I recommend is create a folder e_spread > folders for each grade> then the date and time will assist to track during the change in the SASAMS version as the spreadsheet will no longer be compatible. Check not to delete or achieve a child because the spreads will differ and incampatible

Exporting all list at once should really be a standard feature. Next problem. How do I export separate lists when there are two or more teachers per subject. The naming of the files should include the name of the teacher. Say for instance I want to export Additional Language. We have classes A through G. As far as I can see the only way to export is either to export the whole grade as one group or wait between exporting each class for the computer time to change. This is a not a very effective way to do it. Again the naming of the files should include the name of the teacher.

Agentkoos
I do agree and hopefully there need to be improvement on the matter. Presently you can select the specific class and specific class spreadsheet will be exported. We will log the request for further development. Thanks that you also noticed that the naming is also depandant on the time of exporting.

It is my pleasure. I have made some suggestions on the request page as well.

Thanks for answering agentkoos, HLASE. Smile

@agentkoos: to answer the second part of your question (first post) regarding the school logo, you need to be signed on the server machine (where your SA-SAMS database is stored), or you can copy the database to a local machine, insert the logo and copy/move it back to the server.

NB: bear in mind that you should not have multiple copies of the database accessed by users while doing this, or someone might end up losing their work.  Also, make sure you have a backup of your database, just in case something goes awry.

Holler if you need help with the logo.

Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus