Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Resolved: 3.17 : Printing Exam Registration Details duplication

When printing the exam registration details in 3.17 the subjects and Postal adresses are repeated 4 times for each pupil.

Hello agentkoos,

I have been trying to simulate your problem on my side, without success.

1. Do the subjects and addresses appear four times in your preview of the report as well, or only when you print it?
2. Are all subjects the same, i.e. duplicates, relevant to this year's subjects taken by the learners?
3. Does this occur for Grades 10 through 12, or is it isolated to a specific grade?
4. Can you please verify from a school in your city/town if they are experiencing similar trouble?

I am just trying to ascertain if this a problem in SA-SAMS across the board, or specific to your school.

If, in the meantime it has been resolved, please report back on the solution, so that we can help other schools, if necessary?

Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus

1. Do the subjects and addresses appear four times in your preview of the report as well, or only when you print it?

Both

2. Are all subjects the same, i.e. duplicates, relevant to this year's subjects taken by the learners?

The same and relevant to this year.

3. Does this occur for Grades 10 through 12, or is it isolated to a specific grade?

The same for 10 through 12.

4. Can you please verify from a school in your city/town if they are experiencing similar trouble?

I will try to get the other school to confirm whether they have the same problem.

The problem only occurs on the print and print preview but not on the excel output.
I attached a sample print.

Thanks a lot for the info and for the attachment, agentkoos.  I have asked Carinne van der Westhuizen to look into this (via e-mail on 2016/06/07 at 17:53).

1. It would be awesome if you could verify if another school in your area has the same problem, or if another forum user with access to valid Grade 10-12 data could help us out here, please?

2. Could you please check on 12.1.18 (Subjects per Grade or Class) to verify that the learners have only a single set of their subjects assigned (shot in the dark, but I'm curious if something might somehow have gone awry in the database)?

3. When is the submission due?  I just want to get a feel in terms of how much time we have to resolve this.

If the problem is specific to your school, you might need to get your SA-SAMS Trainer or Provincial EMIS Section to assist.  It might be quicker, but if all else fails, please holler so that we can hook you up with someone on the National Support Team.

If it's a broader problem, we'll report it to Carinne for fixing.

Sarel

Hi SarelK

1. It would be awesome if you could verify if another school in your area has the same problem, or if another forum user with access to valid Grade 10-12 data could help us out here, please?

>> Still trying to get hold of another school.  For some reason they are not picking up their phones.  Will try an email today.

2. Could you please check on 12.1.18 (Subjects per Grade or Class) to verify that the learners have only a single set of their subjects assigned (shot in the dark, but I'm curious if something might somehow have gone awry in the database)?

>> No problems there.  All kids have only one subjectset.

3. When is the submission due?  I just want to get a feel in terms of how much time we have to resolve this.

>> We have not received a spesific date yet.  Sorry

If the problem is specific to your school, you might need to get your SA-SAMS Trainer or Provincial EMIS Section to assist.  It might be quicker, but if all else fails, please holler so that we can hook you up with someone on the National Support Team.

>> I have asked our SA-SAMS trainer various questions through the years and rarely got a satisfactory answer.

(05-25-2016, 01:48 PM)agentkoos Wrote:  When printing the exam registration details in 3.17 the subjects and Postal adresses are repeated 4 times for each pupil.

Hello AK

Just checked our school's database (High School), and everything is working fine, there is no duplication whatsoever.

Regards
Ashraf

Thanks for the replies, agentkoos and Ashraf (for clearing that up).  It would then seem that it might be an isolated problem, specific to a single school.

@agentkoos: unfortunately, Pauline Ramphele (SA-SAMS Helpdesk Support - 012 357 3287) is not in today, but I did get a hold of Lebogang Mveke (who said you can contact him) on 012 357 3396.  You may also send an e-mail to Pauline Ramphele at [email protected] (feel free to include a link to this page).  Please keep us posted.

Sarel

Thanks I will do so.

I got hold of the other school and they don't have the same problem. I will contact Lebogang Mveke next. Thanks

Thanks for the reply, agentkoos.  Please do not hesitate to ask if you don't manage to get it sorted.

If you do manage to sort it out, please share the knowledge so that we can help others.

Sarel