Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admissions
Any information regarding the Admissions 2017 Process and it's integration into SA-SAMS?

I assume this year the institutions will not be required to re-capture information which is entered by Guardians on the Admissions Portal?
How will SA-SAMS Absorb the 2018 Enrolment Registrations of Gr 1 & Gr 8 Learners from the online Admissions Platform?
Just to be clear: do you mean the admission process (or a similar process which might be followed by other Provinces) introduced in Gauteng in 2015 (GDE Circular 5/2016 and the Gauteng Education Parental Guideline Booklet) with the eye on admissions in 2017, for 2018?
Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus

I'm referring to the Gauteng debacle from 2015/2016, where all info was captured online by parents, and again on paperwork to be submitted to the schools upon acceptance, and again captured by hand by our client's admin personnel to their respective EMIS's.
The idea would be that this information, new learner data, should be "pushed" or included in LURITS Feedback process - any ideas?
I get what you're saying. I am a strong advocate against reinventing the proverbial "wheel".  If proper DQA control measures can be provided, as well as proper control over the admission and learner dispersal/distribution process, it would be theoretically possible, and feasible, to accommodate such functionality, albeit separate from the LURITS Feedback Process, or by means of additional functionality to it.

There are other things to consider though, such as that the current SA Schools Act makes certain provisions in terms of what an SGB can and cannot do, suitably qualified Staff (Post-Provisioning), the Admission Policy, that a Provincial Department of Education can/should (theoretically speaking) not infringe on the SGB's right to determine the number of learners in classes in relation to the Norms and Standards on Classroom sizes (merely admit any number of learners in classes as they see fit), the community and feeding area of the School, Hostel, as well as basic needs like water, sanitation, electricity, furniture, stationery, as well as resources like LTSM material, ICT resources, etc.
Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus