Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export Data to Excel (any data) error Security and Database Functions
Hi,

I am getting the following error when trying to export (any) data from SASams under Security and Database Functions -> Export Data Fields to MS Excel:

Error:9 

Error Description: Subscript out of range
Procedure: Export Data

Any suggestions?

Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
Hello Gerald,

Having tested, I can confirm your problem on the 64-bit iterations of the above-mentioned Operating Systems in a virtual testing environment.  However, Windows XP Professional (32-bit) works fine. Unfortunately, I don't have Windows 7, 8.x or 10 32-bit set up in there yet.

1. Provided you're running 32-bit on any of your machines of course, could you please check on any Windows 7/8.x/10 32-bit machines and report back if you're having the same trouble there?

Tested the SA-SAMS installation on C:\Program Files (x86)\EdusolSAMS on 64-bit as well, just to make double sure that it isn't somehow related to a 32/64-bit conflict of sorts - tested negative, thus highly unlikely that this may be the root cause.

2. In the meantime, if you need Learner data, try setting up a custom learner list on 3.1.6 Design Learner List, which you can also save and share with your Educators and Admin Staff, if need be.

3. If you need Educator or Staff data, try the same on 2.19 Design HR List.

4. If the field limitation doesn't allow a temporary workaround for your problem, mail me a WinRAR copy of your database with a request for what you need, at sasamsforum@gmail.com.

5. Once I have received feedback on a 32-bit version of Windows 7/8.x or 10, I'll patch this through to the National EMIS Directorate.

Edit: Not sure why, but I have a hunch it may somehow be related to the export process not being elevated to Administrator due to UAC.  Will test as soon as I have time.
Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus

I also tried creating a new database on a Win 10 x64. As soon as I click on "1.1 School Details", it pops up with ....Please wait.......Checking Birthdays....... and there it is stuck.
Hi Sarel,

Tested on a 32bit Windows 7 system and it works fine, but on the 64bit Windows 8.1 and 10 I get the error.

Also, when I try to access the 3.1.6 Design Learner List and 2.19 Design HR List on the 64bit system, it stops responding as soon at it shows "Checking Birtdays....". Have to end process.

So the 64bit systems is definitely an issue.
I'm not running into the same trouble on 3.1.6 and 2.19 - does it do that on all your 64-bit computers?

Will take it up with our EMIS section and with Carinne. Will keep you posted, Gerald.
Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus