SA-SAMS Forum
Error 75 starting SaSams - Printable Version

+- SA-SAMS Forum (http://sasams.co.za/forum)
+-- Forum: SA-SAMS Support on Specific Sections (http://sasams.co.za/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Installation, Upgrade, & Configuration Support (http://sasams.co.za/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Error 75 starting SaSams (/showthread.php?tid=159)

Error 75 starting SaSams - Tomcatkzn - 12-07-2017

Hi
I followed the installation instructions to the letter, but get error 75 everytime I try to open sasams.
Anyone know what is causing this.

(12-07-2017, 08:53 AM)Tomcatkzn Wrote: Hi
I followed the installation instructions to the letter, but get error 75 everytime I try to open sasams.
Anyone know what is causing this.

I get the same error on two other machines that I installed using these same installation files and instructions.
All win10 64 bit.

RE: Error 75 starting SaSams - SarelK - 12-11-2017

Did you use the initial Setup to install SA-SAMS and did you follow the steps under http://sasams.co.za/ on the Downloads menu option?

1. It sounds as if you may have some DLLs that are missing, which are typical if you don't use the initial Setup.exe to install.

2. If you are accessing SA-SAMS on a Network Share, do you have adequate privileges to read from and write to the shared folder (Read/Write access)?

If non of the above solves your problem, I would suggest you uninstall the Spread Grid, then uninstall SA-SAMS and reinstall both, starting with SA-SAMS and then the Spread Grid.  After that, apply the latest Patch.

Holler if it doesn't work.

RE: Error 75 starting SaSams - Tomcatkzn - 12-11-2017

(12-11-2017, 01:27 PM)SarelK Wrote: Did you use the initial Setup to install SA-SAMS and did you follow the steps under http://sasams.co.za/ on the Downloads menu option?

1. It sounds as if you may have some DLLs that are missing, which are typical if you don't use the initial Setup.exe to install.

2. If you are accessing SA-SAMS on a Network Share, do you have adequate privileges to read from and write to the shared folder (Read/Write access)?

If non of the above solves your problem, I would suggest you uninstall the Spread Grid, then uninstall SA-SAMS and reinstall both, starting with SA-SAMS and then the Spread Grid.  After that, apply the latest Patch.

Holler if it doesn't work.

As stated in the original post. I downloaded the files from the website, then I followed the instructions to the letter.
This error comes up before I try and load any file, so it has nothing to do with where the data files are.
I followed your instructions to uninstall both the programs. I noticed that the install directories are not removed so I manually deleted those.
I followed the instructions again. Same problem.
The logo slowly appears and then the error message.

RE: Error 75 starting SaSams - SarelK - 12-12-2017

Ah, then it might have something to do with the logo itself, or how it is rendered in SA-SAMS.
  • Once you click on OK, can you work in SA-SAMS?
  • Does it display the logo?
Troubleshooting:

1. Check if there is an ijl11.dll file in your SA-SAMS folder. Without it, you will get the error message even before you can log in to SA-SAMS.  If it doesn't exist on the two machines reporting the error, copy it from one of the others that have the file.

If that doesn't work, try the following purely for troubleshooting:

2. Copy the database onto one of the local machines (where you get the error), then removing the logo to see if the message disappears or not?

3. In which format is your logo (BMP, JPG, GIF)?
4. How big is the logo (resolution and file size)?
5. Did you use the "Old way" or "New way" to add the image?

RE: Error 75 starting SaSams - Tomcatkzn - 12-12-2017

(12-12-2017, 12:31 PM)SarelK Wrote: Ah, then it might have something to do with the logo itself, or how it is rendered in SA-SAMS.
  • Once you click on OK, can you work in SA-SAMS?
  • Does it display the logo?
Troubleshooting:

1. Check if there is an ijl11.dll file in your SA-SAMS folder. Without it, you will get the error message even before you can log in to SA-SAMS.  If it doesn't exist on the two machines reporting the error, copy it from one of the others that have the file.

If that doesn't work, try the following purely for troubleshooting:

2. Copy the database onto one of the local machines (where you get the error), then removing the logo to see if the message disappears or not?

3. In which format is your logo (BMP, JPG, GIF)?
4. How big is the logo (resolution and file size)?
5. Did you use the "Old way" or "New way" to add the image?
It was the ijl11.dll. Its not in the installation files I downloaded from here. I got it from a machine that has an older installation.

RE: Error 75 starting SaSams - SarelK - 12-13-2017

The first release of ver. 17.3.0 by DBE did not contain the ijl11.dll file and a bunch of others. However, the second release that followed a couple of days later, did.

A shot in the dark would be that you either (1) somehow still had the first release, or (2) that there might be antivirus software that blocks the extraction of the ijl11.dll.  As you can see from the attached screenshots, you can open the installer in WinRAR to check. Wink

I downloaded the last screenshot's exe file just now, from sasams.co.za, to double-check.  I hope this clears things up.

Please refer to the following thread on the primary and secondary release dates of 17.3.0 for more information:
SA-SAMS Patch 17.3.0 Released: 27 November 2017

RE: Error 75 starting SaSams - Tomcatkzn - 12-13-2017

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.